Thursday 13 May 2010

How Children Change You

I have noticed one real change in my out look since I became a father 7 months ago. I am now a hypocrite!

Not just the usual hypocritical stuff that is the norm for all parents as at 7 Months my daughter is not old enough to have given me any concerns along the lines of getting drunk, mixing with the wrong crowds or getting picked up by the police. I am sure I will have all of that to come and when I do I, like most parents, will pretend that I have never done the same.

But I have also started to get upset at peoples actions. I have always defended people's right to smoke if they wish. It is one of my beliefs that there should be licensed smoking clubs where smoking is legal and if you do not want to work around smoke a place you probably shouldn't work. When I quit smoking 9 or so years ago I was determined to not be a preachy ex-smoker as they are the most annoying.

Since becoming a Dad however I have become really obsessive about smoking, even just around me, I get practically homicidal if someone dares to smoke near my baby and her little pink lungs! I was following someone down the street this morning puffing away and I was on the verge of giving them a lecture on the damage they were doing to their lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment