Tuesday 11 May 2010

Capello Rewards Spurs Heroes

Just seen the new England prelim squad, good results for the Spurs, reflecting a good season.

Dawson is in, who has been great all season.
King is in, not sure if I am happy about this as he is still not fit, but it shows how good a player he is that Capello doesn't want to leave him out.
Tom (The Tank) Huddlestone is also in, a great player to break up a physical game.
Aaron Lennon is in, a bit of a no brainer this one as he is turning into a real world class prospect
Peter Crouch - I have often made my feelings known about Crouch, he is a good player but he tends to make midfielders lazy and start to just knock balls into him.
Defoe, for me Defoe should be Englands starting striker with Rooney.

Other players

Hart, James and Green for Goal (why does Robinson not get picked anymore?)
Baines, Carragher, Cole, Ferdinand, Johnson, Terry, Upson, Warnock in defence
Barry, Carrick, Cole, Gerrard, Johnson, Lampard, Milner, Parker, Walcott, Philips in MF
And
Bent, Rooney and Heskey in attack.

My prefered line up of that squad

Hart

Cole
Terry
Dawson
Carragher

Lennon
Huddlestone
Lampard
Walcott

Defoe
Rooney

I would be sending Heskey home straight away, also I am sorry to say King who should spend the summer getting ready for next year and the champions league qualifiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment