Sunday 13 June 2010

Well Disappointment it is

Well having watched our first game, a rather disappointing Draw vs the USA (Although I have always said that the USA had a good team, so do not find it as embarrassing as some.) I can say a few things,

1) it shows how we struggled up front that our best striker was Emile Heskey.
2) Aaron Lennon I believe can make or break our campaign, if he does not lose the fear of failure that he was playing with last night our attack will be blunt throughout.
3) We really should have taken Paul Robinson to the world cup, Robbo is this countries best keeper who suffered a loss of form and seemed to just get forgotten about, now that Green has had a worse error and Calamity James' errors are all widely known, it shows what an implosive move it was to ostracise Robinson.

The final thing I learnt is that even for a football match night clubs like to have the sound up so loud you can not talk to the person sat next to you, which was probably good as then the people I was with could not hear some of the expletives that snuck out of my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment