Monday 21 June 2010

Are we being out foxed?

News reports have come in of a small child who has been attacked in a school in Brighton. Obviously coming as it does just a few weeks after two 9 month old twins were attacked in Hackney it has led to even more debate with regards to control of foxes in our urban landscapes.

Possibly the wildest theory that has been proposed to me however is that this is all a conservative plot to overturn the hunt ban. I think this is particularily funny as the Tories have already promised a free vote on hunting, but also as I highly doubt that a hunt would ever be effective against the increase in urban fox population.

For what my opinion is worth, I am anti-hunting, I do understand the reasons for it, but it is not for me. I simply can't stand the thought of getting enjoyment from the pain of another living creature. But left unchecked the urban fox population will become a real issue, but what is the answer?
If you know, pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment