Saturday 12 June 2010

South of England show

We went to the south of England show today, we had never been before so thought we should give it a go. It was a good day, we had been worried that as it is an agricultural event, there may not have been enough for us townies, but it was good. I especially enjoyed the Eco-village which had everything from solar panels to bio-degradable coffins, However as my company also offer these services I was mostly just there to compare, My wife mostly enjoyed the craft stalls, and we both enjoyed a good hog roast!

Tickets were £15 but it kept us all busy for 5 hours so that is not too bad. If i had to give people a couple of tips, first would be, when you go either buy the programme or don't worry about missing things, the show is so large it is inevitable without planning you will miss something, and secondly, remember where you parked, it gets a little frustrating when you walk into the forth field and still can't find your car (to give you an idea of the scale, We were parked in section 68 of one of the three car parks.)

The most interesting thing I saw was a singing and dancing robot called Titan. He was quite an attraction, I had never heard of him but according to my wife he has been around a long time. My daughter on the other hand was really not at all sure what to make of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment