Monday 28 June 2010

Hands off Harry

An interesting question was put to me earlier, ever since the match finished yesterday the press and commentators have been pushing for the FA to hire Harry Redknapp. Obviously as a Spurs fan currently experiencing the best time I have known since taking an interest in football, this is a suggestion I find less than exciting.

So the question that was put to me is: What would I prefer England to win the world cup, or Tottenham to win the Premier League? Now as the years pore by and my cynicism increases I am starting to doubt I will see either, but given the choice I would take the league.

As much as I love the World Cup to come home and despite my better judgement continue to get over excited at each competition I have taken too much abuse, too many false dawns and been the butt of too many jokes to turn down the chance of spurs winning the league.

So keep your world Cup and look elsewhere for your manager, were keeping Harry.

(Before anyone feels the need to point it out I know that neither things are likely to happen, with or without Mr. Redknapp)

No comments:

Post a Comment