Monday 21 June 2010

Council Tax Freeze

With 24 Hours before what is probably the most anticipated and important budget that I can remember speculation is rife as to what it can include.

One widely expected measure that it is believed will be included is that Council tax will be frozen, this is an interesting initiative, however I would need to see the Brass Tacks before I decide if it is a good idea, the Conservative Manifesto included the scope for awarding councils who kept increases to 2%, an award of the same amount basically cancelling out any increase.

If this was a Labour initiative I would have expected it to be simply an exercise in trying to further squeeze the councils but as it is the Coalition I will give them the benefit of the doubt and wait to see if Councils get a fair deal or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment