Friday 18 June 2010

Killer Movie?

My second cinema visit this week was to watch Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl in The Killers. The trailers looked like by the numbers romantic/farse comedy but I have always thought that Heigl handles comedy very well. And I have to admit that I was not surprised as that was exactly what we got.


Basically Kutcher is a (Probably CIA) Hitman who gives it all up when he meets Heigl by chance whilst on a job in Nice, They start a relationship and I doubt it will ruin the film too much to give away that his past catches up with him. What ensues is a by the numbers Action Comedy with only the two main leads lifting this film above the standard (But not by much, although Tom Selleck and Catherine O'Hara as the In Laws give a good perfromance.) Like I say it is an alright film, however if you can only hire one film in this Genre I would instead recommend Mr & Mrs Smith, in fact this year even Date Night is a better, similar film.


But it is definitly in the top two films I have seen at the Cineworld Cinema Crawley This Week, and most likely the best one I have seen in Screen 2 at an 18:30 Start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment