Sunday 13 June 2010

Lembit Opik Update

I had intended to write this a while ago but never got round to it.

I was actually able to get a recording of Lembit Opik's debut stand up gig, and I have to say that regardless as my views on him during his time as an MP the gig was not actually that bad.

I would say that it was much more like watching a guy give an after dinner speech than it was actual cutting edge comedy, and I think that as most of the jokes were self effacing that it stopped the crowd from giving him to much of a hard time (or perhaps the audience had been selected - although I doubt this.) he mainly spoke about what it was like going from being an MP to rejoining the public, I could therefore relate to a certain extent, but obviously my day to day life has remained, so I have to say it has improved my view of him (Maybe we should start a rejected politician club)

I doubt if anyone who saw him would seek him out but at least he has one tour in him.

1 comment:

  1. When did he stop being an MP and start his stand-up routine? It is all very hazy!

    ReplyDelete