Friday 20 December 2013

Stocks and Shares

I am a big fan of the stock market - to be honest I am a fan of anything that creates such a wide variety of statistics but having read Rich Dad, Poor Dad I have started to realize that I have not been paying enough attention to money producing assets.With that in mind I am going to create a HYP (High Yield Portfolio) which I am going to update on here in case anyone else is interested in my portfolio and wants to start a discussion about it.

My current portfolio contains the following shares.

Barclays
BP
Lloyds Banking Group
Royal Bank of Scotland
Tesco
Vodafone
National Grid

Now those of you that know about dividends will guess that this portfolio wasn't constructed to be a high yield portfolio as I bought all of the Banks during 2009 as I sensed a bargain, experienced investors will also notice that this portfolio is very badly balanced with 3 out of 7 banks over the next few months I am aiming to get this balanced as well as pick up some more High Dividend Payers. I will update when something is interesting but this is where I find myself at the end of the calender year. (Although the divs are calculated as a financial year so divs paid between now and March will be added and final Yield will not be finished until March.) Also I bought National Grid only a few months ago hence have not yet received a Dividend.

*For full disclosure I should say that I do indeed own all of these shares however the volumes are worked out on investing £1,000 in each share (The Purchase price is the price I paid but I didn't buy £1,000 of each - I just don't want to tell the world too much about my finances.)*

Anyway this is the state of my real/modified portfolio that I will be updating around the time I make any real trades.

































































































No comments:

Post a Comment