Thursday 19 December 2013

Rich Dad, Poor Dad

I have just finished reading "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and it has really changed the way I am looking at my finances. There is nothing in this book that is really all that different or against what you probably already know but it is constructed in a way that really makes it make sense, and although it doesn't contain anything I didn't already know what it has done is shown me that my thinking has been back to front, essentially (And very basically) I have always tried to pay all my bills and then save what I have left, this has caused me to have very slightly more money at the end of each year, I have then worked to improve my Job so that the amount of extra money is slightly more each year, according to Rich Dad what I should have been doing is improving my Assets (Basically anything that creates a passive income) so that they pay my expenses in fact other than as a way to buy assets the Job I have worked so hard to get really is irrelevant to my future wealth. Anyway as I say this is a very basic lesson I learned from the book so I am now going to try and follow the advice and see how it goes.



Since reading the book and to make sure I am not just being taken in by some slick advertising I have also read a lot of views that are against the book.

Taking both sides into account I think I would still happily recommend this book, Most of the "Anti" comments I have read are basically saying that Robert Kiyosaki isn't being honest with his stories or that he doesn't have a proven business reputation but to be honest I am not all that worried about these things as my advice is read the book and absorb the lessons but don't worry that much about the actual stories, to me it seemed these were more there to illustrate the message, they were not the message itself. (Even the books title could be seen as false as the Rich Dad referred too isn't Robert's Dad even if you believe everything in the book) So don't take it too seriously and you should enjoy it a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment