Thursday 19 December 2013

5 Challenge Update

I wrote a blog post a while ago about 5 challenges I had set myself, before moving on with the new things that I am doing now I wanted to update, the 5 challenges I said I was going to attempt were:


2nd July to Mid August = 10,000 Steps for Pancreatic Cancer UK

September = Chiltern 3 Peaks for Ian Rennie Hospice

7th October = Blenheim Half Marathon for British Heart Foundation

14th April 2013 = London or Brighton Marathon for Pancreatic Cancer UK

1 Other to be decided later.

I completed the 10,000 steps and the Blenheim Palace Half Marathon and in April completed the Brighton Marathon (in case you were wondering it is a really long way!!)

As it turns out I couldn't complete the Chiltern 3 Peaks but instead completed (With my darling wife along side) the Bucchus Half Marathon which although only 13.1 Miles was almost as hard as the full marathon due to being off road and largely uphill.

Anyway, I have so far managed to raise just over £1,000 and am now coming into the final challenge of the five challenge series which will be the London2Brighton Challenge. (Feel free to sponsor me at http://www.justgiving.com/Adam2Brighton ) This will be an 100k 24 Hour Run/Walk but hopefully can raise some money for Pancreatic Cancer UK

Also this year I took part in the Lottery Anniversary Run which was a 5 Mile run around the Olympic Village finishing in the Olympic Running Stadium with a 3/4 Lap of the stadium, Obviously being my first year of running any events like this it was really unlike anything I had ever done before and the moment you run out of the tunnel and onto the track in front of a Stadium full of spectators was a really unique experience.

So below is my collection of Medals from my first year of running, They are the medals for (Left to Right) The Bacchus Half Marathon, The Brighton Marathon, The National Lottery Anniversary Run and the Blenheim Half Marathon.


And hopefully this time next year I will have some more to add to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment