Friday 27 December 2013

George Osborne Awarded Briton of the Year???


So the Times today announced George Osborne as Briton of the Year 2013 thanks to the economic recovery he has "brought about" I'm afraid I can't agree with this as all actions taken by politicians cause harm to the economy the best I can give him is that he "may" have caused less problems than someone else, but then that can't be proven one way or the other.

It has been pointed out that the award is likely to be motivated by politics coming from The Times who are not exactly anti-Osbourne but it's no different than the Guardian giving the person of the year accolade to Snowden, someone they helped risk lives for the sake of circulation rather than freedom.

So who would I have picked? To be honest I can't really think of anyone who had a stand out year, I guess that is to be expected after all the heroics of 2012 but if I had to give it to someone it would probably be Ed Miliband for standing up almost every week at Prime Minister's Questions even though he is clearly going to be exposed as rather simple yet he keeps getting up, he really is an example to us all on tenacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment