Tuesday 21 September 2010

Olympic trials


Today I join the list of many athletes hoping to feature at 2012, this may come as a shock to those of you who did not know how sporty I am, but I have a real shot of making 2012 in the volunteering team, now whilst I know this is not one of the most glamorous events, and working for free is not every one's cup of tea, I figure the Olympics are unlikely to be in the UK again in my lifetime so I may as well see if I can get involved.


It is actually a pretty good deal for me, my company are a main partner and so they will pay me for my time so it is basically a work placement for a couple of weeks.


First however I have to get through today, a full day assessment centre, featuring team tasks and eligibility criteria, they claim it is a lot of fun, but I will reserve judgement, the good thing is, if I mess it up, all I have lost is the chance to work for free, so pressure off a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment