Tuesday 3 August 2010

Urban Fox Hunting

The web is awash with the story of a group of Urban Fox Hunters who posted a video of them savagely beating a fox to death with a cricket bat in Victoria Park, East London.

Personally I am anti-hunting, whilst I understand the need to control the fox population I find it distasteful when anyone derives enjoyment from the suffering of another animal, however I hope that even people who are pro hunt see that there is simply something wrong with these people.

Anyone who takes pleasure from the torture and battering of a defenseless animal, is only a short journey away from attacking a human, personally I hope when they catch these people they are punished to the full extent of the law, probably an ASBO banning them from battering anyone to death for 12 months.

2 comments:

  1. There is no difference between these thugs and the ones in red coats on horseback, if you happen to be a fox. Both types of gangs get their kicks from causing pain and suffering to animals and do not belong in a civilised society. I'm sure David Cameron, Boris Johnson, Hague, Herbert, Hoey etc. will be proud of the 'vermin' story they've used over and over again in support of their lust for bloodsports. This is the result of the bile these politicians have peddled and the media are equally responsible for sensationalising the London 'fox attack' story even though thousands of people are hospitalised every year for dog attacks. I hope they are all proud of what they've started!
    M. Hayworth
    Campaign For Decency

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that any enjoyment from the suffering from any living thing is really sickening, I am not sure if the Cameron et al. are to blame for the current media reporting however (Maybe just me being blind.) it appears that our press simply cannot cover anything proportionately, although as I also have a 9 month old baby I do feel for the parents, but as you say I also make sure there are no dogs around my daughter either.

    ReplyDelete