Friday 23 July 2010

Inception


Latest Movie visit was to see Inception with Leonardo DiCaprio, in times where I am feeling generous I would say that this is a really good concept, however when I am feeling less charitable I would say it is very long.

Now I am going to complete a review for this movie but due to it's very nature I can not do so with out giving spoilers, therefore please do not read on if you are worried about it being ruined, I will try not give too much away but that is all I can say.


Spoilers Below

Spoilers Below

Right, I would say that I have given fair warning so here goes, The film is all about people who enter the dreams of others and use it to probe the sub-conscious, there were lots of interesting concepts which include that when setting up a dream inside a dream time travels at a much quicker rate so a minute in the real world is actually 12 minutes in the dream state, when there is a dream within a dream it is the same again so a real minute feels like over 2 hours. needless to say when they are playing the story over four levels of dreams it is very difficult to balance the plots correctly, as a result unfortunately there were so many inconsistencies that you can leave feeling rather annoyed. The final set up which is played out by many of the main cast over several different dreams makes you feel like you are in the third level of dreams yourself as the scene takes several days to slowly unravel.

I don't want to be too hard on this movie, as it is a good movie and I would recommend watching it (Although I would suggest waiting for it on Sky as you will need to sit in a seat more comfortable than normally around in the cinema.) but when the highlight of the movie is waiting to see if a spinning top falls over it tells you something (Although despite myself I did find this very exciting - You'll understand if you see it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment