Thursday 30 January 2014

Monthly Share Updates

Not a great deal of action with my portfolio in the first month of the year, I was due to make a top up or a new purchase to balance my portfolio a little more, to do this I decided to either top up BP or National Grid or to buy into either Glaxo SmithKline or a house builder.

In the end I bought some more Tesco (reducing my per Share price from £4.34 down to £3.92 unfortunately this is still well above the current £3.21 price tag but at the end of the day I believe in Tesco and think that the recent news hasn't been as bad as made out in the press so think that the Share Price has some rebound in it. I would be expecting Tesco to sit around the £4 mark by the end of the year.

What I really learned is that I need considerably more self control to create a true High Yield Portfolio as I seem to be too driven by my feelings.

Anyway here is the state of my augmented portfolio taking into account a Dividend from National Grid as well as the £/Average of Tesco.

Interesting to see that if I had invested £1,000 in each of these as proposed in the table I would now be looking at a profit of £2,905


No comments:

Post a Comment