Thursday 9 January 2014

Goodbye to the tax Disc


So we are going to see the end of the Tax disc in October. Personally I have thought it outdated for quite a while now and in fact when I ride a motorbike I very rarely rode with my tax disc on show and in all the years I rode I never once was asked for it. (And in fact to be honest even in the car it was normally a month or so before I managed to get the disc into the car.)

I think perhaps the more interesting announcement by George Osborne was that you can now pay your road tax (I know - Vehicle Excise Duty) by monthly direct debit, surely this is great news for people on a lower income as I always remember the stress of trying to come up with the money to pay my 6 month road tax which quite often amounted to a couple of weeks wages and so was not exactly easy to come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment