Monday 20 January 2014

Adebayor - The Master Plan Continues

Back at the end of Last Year I asked if not playing Adebayor was actually a master tactic. My tongue in cheek question was basically around the facts that whilst Ade was often the star of the first four months of the season come January he was often a little absent from the Score Sheet.

Now whilst I wasn't 100% serious it would appear that I may be getting proved right. Ever since Sherwood came in Adebayor has scored 6 times in 8 games, Hopefully this will continue to the end of the season instead of running out of steam in January, essentially giving us Adebayor at his best at the perfect time in the season. I'm going to be generous and say this was AVB's plan all along. (I doubt it was, but he is a former Spurs manager so I am inclined to go easy on him!)

the match itself was reasonably comfortable and showed real signs of the summer signings all starting to come together in what has been missing in earlier games, I am actually starting to feel slightly optimistic for the future (Normally a sure sign that a big defeat is around the corner.) Which coincides with the visit of Man City to the lane. I guess we will know better if we are "over the hump" better this time next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment