Monday 25 October 2010

Post Office - Name and Shame

I normally try to avoid being too specific, after all as this is just my opinion I am sure that I could get into trouble for being too specific. However I am so furious with the post office (apparently the peoples Post Office - although I often wonder) I have had their credit card for a few years now and everything was going fine until I dared to move home! Whilst you may think that simply moving home should be a simple task and that a company as large as the post Office must be used to dealing with it however this was only the start of months of incompetence.

When I made a request to change my address it appears that they froze my account from receiving mail until the change was completed, this makes sense so it was not an issue, unfortunately they then lost my request, meaning that this stop was not listed, instead of contacting me to let me know they just left the stop in place, the first I found out about it is when they sent me a letter to say I had missed a payment and now had an additional fee. I understand that I should keep a better control of my finances, but I am sure I'm not the only person who waits for a statement to pay the bill, anyway after a few hours on the phone - including two hang ups after sitting on hold - they said it was all sorted, I paid the balance filled out another form and they refunded the fee, all good!

Or so I thought, that was until earlier this month when instead of another statement, I received another penalty charge, I called them again - only hung up on once this time - again I paid the bill and asked for my statement to be sent out, I checked the address, which was correct, and thought everything was sorted again. Still wrong however as when I had still not received the two missing statements, as they claim that my October statement has already been dispatched. I called them and was not hung up on at all, so that at least is improving, only to be told that there was a stop placed on mailings to my account, however the department which deal with this are off as it is a Bank Holiday in Ireland.

Now obviously I can not tell if these are problems with the credit card company or with the mail, but as these are all the Post Office I feel happy to spread the scorn around.

Maybe this will get solved before I get my next penalty charge!

No comments:

Post a Comment