Thursday 21 October 2010

Dispicable M-ovi-e


Starting to get my movie reviews up to date now so this weeks movie was the animated "Despicable Me." the film staring Steve Carell, Jason Segel and Russell Brand.


The film is about Carell who is Gru, a former master criminal, who has fallen into a slump in terms of schemes, when a new criminal on the block, Vector, (voiced by Segel) steals the great pyramid of Giza - Although I think that the Egypt tourist board must have cleared the ideal setting of the pyramids as you could not see the crowds of Egyptians trying to part you from your money, or for that matter the ever beautiful Sphinx KFC. - Gru and his loyal friend, Mad Scientist Dr. Nefario (Voiced quite unbelievably by Brand.) set off to steal the moon.


In order to steal the moon it becomes necessary for Gru to adopt three a orphan girls, who he has no intention of caring for but simply to use in his evil scheme - I am sure you can guess the rest.


Basically this is yet another predictable movie, however as this is a kids movie it really should be so it does not detract from the film, there are the usual laughs, often from the strange little minion creatures that Gru has working for him, and there are the usual teary moments, although I admit that this could well simply be that the smallest of the three orphaned girls reminded me of my own daughter which always gives the film a greater affect (Or else I'm just getting more pathetic in my old age.)


Anyway, the film is an ok use of time and everybody learns their lesson by the end so that is all good, there is a little bit during the credits which is also quite amusing but I do think the main secret of the films success will be in the sale of stuffed minion toys which I am sure will be massive.

No comments:

Post a Comment