Tuesday 12 October 2010

Asda: Giving you more for less, (But This is Ridiculous)

Just read an article on the Daily Mail Website about a Padded Bra for 10 Year Olds that has been on sale at ASDA, An ASDA spokeswoman has stated that the Item a push up bra size 28AA should have been removed from sale 6months ago following the uproar that swept the country after Primark (The Clothing Arm of Associated British Foods) were found to be selling “Sexualised” clothing aimed at young girls. ASDA however apparently decided that instead of removing the items they should simply move the bras and lace underwear (rated for age 9+) to the lingerie aisle instead.

The ASDA spokeswoman also said in her statement 'We take our responsibilities as the largest children’s wear retailer extremely seriously. Every single one of our children’s wear products goes through an in-house panel of mums to assess its suitability.” I would suggest therefore that they carefully consider if they have the right people on their panel. Now whilst I accept that as my daughter is only 1 there is not much chance of her pestering me to try and buy something I do not agree with but as a parent I can not understand how these products come to be made, after all if the only people buying the clothes were people like me then a lack of sales would soon end the product line, I have therefore often wondered what kind of people are bad enough parents to think that it is a good idea to sell this kind of product, but I guess I now know – it is the ASDA parents panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment