Sunday 1 July 2012

Jogging in Poole

As I was down in Dorset to visit my Nan my jog today was in Poole. The plan for today was for 4 Miles so I ran around Upton Lake, it was a far cry from my usual exhaust filled runs on the A23. The sun was bright but had not got too strong and the breeze coming off the lake was very refreshing, although got a little too blowy at times. The path was good condition and smooth - another welcome change to street running. Only real killers were the inclines that went over the railway and the lakes inlets but a good bit of hill training always mixes it up a bit.

The jog was my fastest yet coming in at 7 MPH and taking only 30 mins to complete 3.8 miles. The path I took led to the gates of Upton Country Park so a great deal of scope to extend the run, just a shame my next jog will be back home swapping boats and breezes for Crawley in a rush hour.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/108482449

No comments:

Post a Comment