Tuesday 10 May 2011

Updating our Bathroom



Been quiet for the last couple of weeks as been a bit snowed under with lost of things happening at once, Firstly I took a week off to update our bathroom. I have never particularly been a keen DIYer but when received quotes for changing our Bathroom of £3000+ I decided to give it a go, firstly I took a basic plumbing course and armed with all the education that £35 will get you from West Sussex Adult Education we got started.

It would be fair to say that just about everything that could go wrong did go wrong but I think for the most part these elements can be easily broken down between “lack of Experience” and “Strange Installation of the old suite” To be honest for me the plumbing was the easy part however most of the problems came from removing and then replacing the tiles and flooring, That said although we were surprised by how hard that was it was actually accomplished in a reasonably quick time and the entire bathroom took seven days which I don’t think was too bad as we really had zero experience.



I have no intention of doing it again in a hurry but I have to admit to a large amount of pride at having actually managed it at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment